News & Articles
7 Interesting Facts About the World Wide Web
- There are nearly 4 billion internet users in the world.
- There are over 8,000 tweets posted per SECOND
- There are 68,175 Google searches performed per SECOND
- The worlds very first website is still up and running: info.cern.ch
- Our screen addiction is growing. According to psychiatry.org, “The number of people in the U.S. spending more than 20 hours a week on the Internet nearly doubled between 2008 and 2015 to more than 43 million people.”
- The internet is changing our brain. According to Nicholas Carr’s 2010 book, “The Shallows: What The Internet Is Doing To Our Brain”, he says “the internet is an interruption system. Is seizes our attention only to scramble it”.
- Even after we log off, our brain remains rewired. Onlinecollege.org tells us, “When you're online, you're frequently attacked by bursts of information, which is highly stimulating and even overwhelming. Too much, and you can become extremely distracted and unfocused. Even after you log off (if you ever do), your brain remains rewired. A lack of focus and fractured thinking can persist, interrupting work, family, and offline time.”